Terms & Conditions
‘The customer’ refers to the person/organisation that Certified Gas Heating Ltd agrees to carry out work for and/or supply materials to.
‘The engineer’ refers to the operative appointed by Certified Gas Heating.
1. The charge to the customer consists of the cost of materials supplied (trade price + 20%) plus the amount of time the engineer spends in carrying out the customer work (and obtaining the materials). This is charged in accordance with Certified Gas Heating’s current hourly rate. All charges are subject to VAT at the current rate.
2. Customer invoices are due for payment immediately following completion of work. Any part of an invoice, which remains unpaid, will incur interest at 2.5% above base rate until the balance has been paid in full. An unpaid invoice may affect future attendance of Certified Gas Heating in respect of any failure in workmanship or materials.
3. Customer invoices outstanding beyond 7 days may be referred to a debt recovery agency and subject to a surcharge of 15% plus VAT to cover the additional collection cost incurred. The surcharge, other associated charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable.
4. The title to all materials supplied to the customer will remain the property of Certified Gas Heating until the invoice has been paid in full.
5. Estimates or fixed priced works will always take into account both materials and labour and will be within 10% of the equivalent total hourly rate.
6. Certified Gas Heating is not obliged to provide the customer with estimates. Where Certified Gas Heating is bound by a written estimate, this is to be signed by the engineer of Certified Gas Heating. Certified Gas Heating will not be bound by estimates given verbally or subject to administrative error.
7. The total charge given in any estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 10%, and may be revised in the following circumstances:
(a) It is found that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the original estimate was prepared.
(b) There is an unexpected increase in the cost of materials.
(c) It is found that a clear error was made when the estimate was prepared.
(d) The customer instructs Certified Gas Heating (in writing) to carry out extra work not referred to in the original estimate.
8. (a) The customer accepts sole liability to settle Certified Gas Heating’s account when making the initial booking and/or commencing the work. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work but materials have been ordered/supplied, then the customer is liable for any related expenditure. This will be at cost +20% and hourly rate incurred to the point of cancellation.
(b) It is the responsibility of the customer to be present to give access to the Certified Gas Heating engineer unless prior arrangements for access have been stipulated. If an appointment has been scheduled and the engineer is unable to gain access to the property, the customer is liable for costs relating to time and costs incurred.
9. Where a specific time and/or date has been agreed with the customer to attend for works to be carried out, Certified Gas Heating will try to ensure that the engineer will attend as agreed. Certified Gas Heating accepts no liability for non-attendance, late attendance on site – of the engineer or materials.
10. In the case of domestic contract customers, Certified Gas Heating will aim to attend all service calls within 24 hours of instruction, unless matters such as adverse weather conditions, act of god or any other situation outside of Certified Gas Heating’s control prevents attendance. In such cases Certified Gas Heating will not accept any liability.
11. The Certified Gas Heating guarantee will be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for up to 12 months from the date of completion. Any product manufacturing defects should be taken up with the manufacturer directly. Certified Gas Heating accepts no liability for any consequential damage caused by a defective product. The Certified Gas Heating guarantee becomes null and void if the original work or materials are subject to modification, misuse, negligence or are tampered with by any third party.
12. Certified Gas Heating is unable to guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste and drainage systems.
13. Certified Gas Heating will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer and against the written or verbal advice of the engineer. This includes for example work on boilers and systems over 10 years old, which, in most cases, should be considered for upgrade. Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by Certified Gas Heating and payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from work, which has not been undertaken by Certified Gas Heating, will not be guaranteed. Certified Gas Heating will not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out.
14. Certified Gas Heating engineers operate under their own gas safety registration and as such are solely responsible for any gas related work and subsequent liability.
15. If on completion of work the customer is not satisfied then notice should be given in writing within 12 months to Certified Gas Heating. Certified Gas Heating should be given the opportunity to inspect any completed works and carrying out any remedial works where required. The customer accepts that if they fail to notify Certified Gas Heating, the company will not be liable for any defects or associated damage/claims in conjunction with works carried out.
16. Certified Gas Heating reserves the right to decline work at its discretion. Where it agrees to carry out work for the customer, it is undertaken by the Certified Gas Heating engineer at his/her discretion.
17. Prior to any jobs being booked in, it is the customers responsibility to ensure that parking arrangements are made for the duration of the visit/days. If not then you as the customer will be liable for any fines that the engineers incur.